Adir Abergel created a modern version of a Grecian hairdo with elements of gold threading as a back accent for Saoirse Ronan. “I loved how Saoirse’s Yves Saint Laurent dress was both romantic and modern at the same time – I wanted to bring in elements of the sleek, shiny and graphic lines to complete the look,” he says. Here, how to get the look.
· I prepped the hair by applying NEW John Frieda Luxurious Volume® Perfectly Full™ Mousseall over the roots.
· I created the part by following the highest arch in the brow and blew her hair dry with a round brush. I then created a very sleek finish to the hair texture by flat ironing the ends.
· Once the hair was shiny and sleek, I took the side of her hair with the deep part and tucked it behind the ears for a clean look and sprayed with John Frieda Frizz Ease® KeraFLEX™ Flexible Hold Hairspray.
· To start working on the back of the hair, I created some criss-crossing cornrow braids just under the ears and wrapped the braids with gold thread to add some great architectural lines to the look. Once I wrapped the braids in gold, I went over the back of her hair one more time with a flat iron to ensure a beautiful high finish.
· To complete this look, I took the crisscrossed braids and pinned them in place over the flat ironed hair to make two lines of gold. For the last step and a finishing touch, I applied John Frieda Frizz Ease® Expert Finish™ Polishing Serum on the ends.