Inspired by “healthy, glowing skin with a sexy studio 54 vibe,” celebrity makeup artist Melanie Inglessis gave presenter Kate Hudson a bronze goddess look using Chantecaille at the 2016 Golden Globes.
- On a clean face, Melanie generously misted Chantecaille Pure Rosewater over Kate’s face to instantly awaken her skin. While Kate’s skin was still damp, Melanie gently massaged Bio Lifting Mask into her face and placed a Gold Energizing Eye Recovery Mask under each of Kate’s eyes. After 15 minutes, Melanie removed the excess mask with a tissue misted with Pure Rosewaterand removed each eye mask.
- Melanie smoothed a small amount of Magnolia, Jasmine and Lily Healing Emulsion onto Kate’s face to create a base for foundation. Melanie used this lightweight moisturizer to “seal the moisture into the skin and leave it looking dewy and healthy.”
- With a wet BeautyBlender, Melanie applied Future Skin Foundation as a base for Kate’s healthy glow. Melanie then workedRadiance Gel Bronzer into Kate’s skin with a medium sized powder brush to define her facial features.
- To create a strobing effect, Melanie lightly applied Liquid Lumiere in Sheen to Kate’s cheekbones, brow bones and the bridge of her nose to give her face a hint of luminosity. She then added a pop of soft peachy-pink to Kate’s cheeks with Cheek Gelee Hydrating Gel-Cream Blush.
- Finally, Melanie dusted HD Perfecting Powder onto Kate’s t-zone area. She “wanted a glow everywhere but there!” Melanie prefers to do this prior to starting the eyes to allow the powder to settle.
- Melanie created Kate’s golden brown smoky eye by lining both her upper and lower water lines with 24 Hour Waterproof Eye Liner in Oolong for definition and intensity.
- Next, Melanie swept Le Chrome Luxe Eye Duo in Monte Carlo mixed with Bark Eye Shade from the NEW Le Magnolia Eye and Cheek Palette over the top and bottom lids to create her famous smoky eye.
- To add drama to the eyes, Melanie applied a few generous coats of Faux Cils Mascara.
- To complete the look, Melanie lined Kate’s lips with Lip Definer in Nuance before perfecting her pout with Lip Stick in Agave.