Kate Beckinsale’s subtly stunning style reigned on the Golden Globes red carpet last night. I scored the details of her beauty breakdown, courtesy of hairstylist Creighton Bowman and makeup artist Adam Breuchud. Here they are, respectively.
Says Creighton, “First, on towel-dried hair, I applied René Furterer VOLUMEA volumizing foam – no rinse at the roots and René Furterer FIORAVANTI shine enhancing no-rinse detangling spray on the ends. Also, I sprayed on René Furterer LISSEA thermal protecting smoothing spray to help protect the hair from my heat styling tools. Next, using a medium-sized round brush, I blew out the hair. Once Kate’s blowout was finished, I curled the hair with a 1 1/4″ curling iron and then set the hair into 1″ sections. I then brushed out the curls and sprayed René Furterer NATURIA dry shampoo all over for added texture and thickness. To begin the updo, I pulled all of the hair to the top of the crown and secured it with a ponytail holder. Once the ponytail was secure, I wrapped all of the hair around the ponytail base in a forward motion and secured it with pins in the front of the ponytail. Finally, I used René Furterer VEGETAL FINISHING SPRAY to hold the look in place and to smooth any flyaways.”
Celebrity makeup artist Adam Breuchaud added a touch of drama to the simple silhouette of Kate Beckinsale’s shimmering gown by creating a sultry, smoky look. Radiant skin and sculpted cheeks were paired with a nude lip to keep it fresh and modern. Here, the step-by-step to recreating Kate Beckinsale’s Golden Globes makeup look using Chantecaille products.
1. Prep the skin with a few spritzes of Pure Rosewater and Rose de Mai Cream.
2. Start with the eyes. To create a high sheen payoff, wet Eye Shade in Java and apply over the entire lid and under the eye. To soften, blend out the edges using Eye Shade in Rose Gold.
3. Apply Gel Liner Pencil in Espresso along the top lash line. Using the brush on the liner, smooth and blend this out towards the outer corner of the eye. This will help set a base and create the desired shape. To deepen the look, apply Marble from the Piazza San Marco Chrome Luxe Eye Duo directly on top of the liner and smoke the color out over the entire lid.
4. Define the eye using the Gel Liner Pencil in Jet along the top and bottom lash lines.
5. To open the eye, wet Eye Shade in Pyrite and apply to the bottom waterline.
6. Curl the lashes and apply two coats of Faux Cils Mascara. Wait until it dries and finish with a third coat.
7. Clean up under the eyes and move on to the skin.
8. Apply a mix of Sand and Nude Future Skin Foundation all over the face.
9. To contour, apply Radiance Gel Bronzer along the hairline, temple, cheekbone and jaw line. This adds
depth and warmth around the frame of the face.
10. Next apply Le Camouflage Stylo in shade 4c under the eye. To highlight, use Le Camouflage in
shade 2 on the inner corner of the eye, top of the cheek and above the lip.
11. For added warmth, start with Cheek Shade in Emotion and apply it to the apples of the cheeks, brushing
up towards the hairline, as well as the temples and chin. For added sheen, apply a thin layer of Liquid
Lumiere in Luster on top.
12. Set the skin with HD Perfecting Powder, applying it to targeted areas and finish with a thin layer of Les
Petales de Rose for extra highlight.
13. To keep the focus on the eyes, stick with a nude lip. Mix Brilliant Gloss in Modern and Folly for the
perfect nude with a hint of color.
14. To moisten and set the look, finish with a few spritzes of Pure Rosewater.
What do you think of Kate Beckinsale’s subtle makeup and modern updo at the Golden Globes?