L’Oréal Paris Celebrity Hairstylist, Mara Roszak created this modern take on a super-low ponytail for Olivia Wilde. “Olivia’s look was all about modern and sexy, but with a little bit of a twist. To best complement her dress, we wanted to keep hair behind the shoulders, so thought a super cool, effortless low ponytail was the way to go,” Mara said. Here’s how she created the style.
- Mara washed Olivia’s hair using Advanced Haircare Extraordinary Oil Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner($4.99 each)
- Next, hair was prepped with Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT Blow Out HeatSpray ($4.99) and rough dried
- Once hair was dry, Mara used a 1 ¼ curling iron to wave Olivia’s hair
- Next, she applied Advanced Hairstyle TXT IT Tousle Waves Spray ($4.99) and used fingers to break up the waves
- Mara then gathered hair into a low ponytail, pulling hair apart a bit and wrapping a piece of hair around the ponytail; she pulled a few pieces out to frame the face
- To lock in the look, Mara sprayed all over with Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold ($14.99)