Rosamund Pike’s beauty game was STRONG last night, especially considering she had a baby five minutes ago. Do you agree? I just got the details on her hair and makeup, courtesy respectively of stylist Kylee Rae Heath and makeup artist Mélanie Inglessis. Here, the beauty breakdown.
“We were inspired by the ethereal gorgeous white dress and wanted the hair to be straight and sleek in contrast,” says Kylee.
1. On damp hair apply Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse throughout the roots and spray Oscar Blandi Jasmine Protein Mist from mid-shaft through the ends and comb through the hair.
2. Create a deep, straight side part with a tail comb.
3. With a small round brush blow dry hair on a low setting to work shine and volume into the hair.
4. Once the hair is dry, spray Oscar Blandi Dry Heat Protect Spray onto the hair & smooth out the ends with a flat iron. It is key to only hit the ends with the iron to maintain volume at the roots.
5. Apply a small amount of Oscar Blandi Polish Glossing Creme to the ends to polish and to smooth away any flyaways around the part.
6. Tuck the left side behind the ear and spray Oscar Blandi Lacca Medium Hold Hair Spray to finish and add more shine.”
Celebrity makeup artist Mélanie Inglessis created Rosamund Pike’s flawless makeup look for the Golden Globes last night. Says Mélanie, “With Rosamund’s dress, there was a raw element, but with a rock-and-roll twist. So there’s a bit of an edge, and I really wanted to play that up.” Here, how to recreate the look, in her words.
I wanted to accentuate Rosamund’s fair, English-rose complexion. I used CHANEL Vitalumière Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Sunscreen Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 for light, luminous coverage—it has a nice dewy finish and goes on incredibly evenly. I applied it with a Beauty Blender soaked in rose water for a flawless, soothing application. I pressed foundation all over the face, starting from the middle and working outward. Once the complexion was flawless, I used CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base, one of my favorite products ever. I warmed up the skin all over, then concentrated on the cheekbones to contour naturally, as well as the forehead and nose for a healthy, sun-kissed glow. Next, I applied pink blush onto the apples of the cheeks with the same brush that I had used to apply the CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base. By using the same brush, I could achieve a seamless blend on the skin.
When I saw Rosamund’s dress—classic with ethereal, Greek-goddess elements—I thought I’d use a soft, smoky-grey for her eye look. (The cream color of the dress allowed me to play with color.) I wanted the makeup to be a little rock-and-roll to accentuate her gorgeous, green-blue eyes. I began the eye look with the brows, as they frame the face. To create Rosamund’s soft, smoky look I began with a taupe-grey liner, Make Up For Ever Artist Liner in I16, applying it along the top and bottom lashes in a thick line. I then blended CHANEL Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Mirage over the line and feathered it up to the crease. On the bottom outer corner of the eye, I blended it using a brush in a back-and-forth motion. I added CHANEL Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Infini into the outer corner of the crease to add depth. Finally, I curled the lashes and applied mascara on her top and bottom lashes.
With the smoky eye, I wanted to use a really beautiful nude color, but with life, not too matte. I finished the look with CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine in Ingénue, which is a little lighter than Rosamund’s natural lip color.
Additional Products Used
• Sisley Black Rose Precious Face Oil
• Sisley Eye Contour Mask
• Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lip Liner Pencil in Medium Natural Beige
• Make Up For Ever HD Blush in Flamingo Pink
• Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder
• Make Up For Ever Artisan Brush
Can you believe Rosamund Pike looked that incred in a cut-out dress just weeks after GIVING BIRTH? And her hair and makeup were on FLEEK. Share your comments about her look!