Look by Pati Dubroff, Celebrity Makeup Artist for Laura Mercier, did the makeup honors for Dakota Johnson’s Met Gala 2016 appearance last night. The look? “80’s-inspired, part David Bowie, part Debbie Harry, new romantic” makeup look to complement the emerald green lace bodice of Dakota Johnson’s incredible Gucci dress for the 2016 Met Gala. Dubroff shared, “The look tonight was all about the eye – a pop of green color and glitter.” To coincide with the evening’s theme, Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology, Dubroff added a lot of shine to Johnson’s look. She shared it was a “nod to something outer worldly.”
· Dubroff shared, “Dakota takes impeccable care of her skin and is always well hydrated, so in one regard my job is really easy.” To prep Dakota’s skin, Dubroff gave her a facial massage to increase the blood flow and relax her skin. She then applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($36) throughout the t-zone to ensure her stunning makeup lasted throughout the night.
· To create a soft glow, Dubroff applied NEW Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation in Dune ($48). Dubroff started at the center of Dakota’s face using a foundation brush and “worked the foundation in moving toward the perimeter, concentrating on areas that need more coverage and bypassing areas on face that did not.”
· To ensure no redness or blemishes were visible, Dubroff applied Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer in SC-3 ($35).
· To give Dakota a rosy flush, Dubroff blended Surratt Artistique Blush in Parfait ($32) on the apples, sweeping upwards and outwards towards the temple. In a slight nod to Dakota’s 80’s-inspired look, Dubroff swirled Laura Mercier Face Illuminator in Devotion ($44) over the top of Dakota’s cheeks for a slight sheen.
· Dubroff shared, “The eyes were the main focus for Dakota’s beauty look tonight.” She first lined Dakota’s upper lash line and lower corner with Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eyeliner in Black Ebony ($25). Dubroff then applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Peacock ($29) on the inner rim and slightly over the black liner to give Dakota’s eyes a pop of bold green color. To further intensify Dakota’s stunning green look, Dubroff added a touch of MAC Fluidline in Ivy ($16.50) to the inner rim.
· To make Dakota’s eyes sparkle, Dubroff applied Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Petal Pink ($25) on Dakota’s inner corner and lid, and added a dash of green glitter to the lid.
· To finish Dakota’s eyes, Dubroff applied a pair of Ardell Demi Wispies Black False Eyelashes ($5) and a coat of black mascara.
· To create a “sweet pink lip” that accentuated her pop of green, Dubroff used Laura Mercier Paint Wash Liquid Lip Colour in Petal Pink ($28).