Jake Bailey created Selena Gomez’ gorgeously groomed Met Ball makeup look. “Selena’s slinky Vera Wang dress called for an elegant look with a pop of color. I kept her skin fresh and relatively matte for a porcelain effect, and elongated her eyes with a sharp black line and lots of lashes and mascara. I finished the look with a classic matte red lip,” says Jake. Here, the beauty breakdown.
- First, I gently massaged Flawless Future Powered by Ceramide™ Moisture Cream into the skin to immediately brighten skin and help smooth the appearance of pores.
- I softened Selena’s lips with a dab of Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour® Cream.
- I perfected her skin by buffing a small amount of the Flawless Finish Perfectly Satin 24HR Makeup on her face and neck with a small kabuki brush.
- Using Ceramide Cream Blush in Honey, I warmed up her cheeks, and then set her complexion with a light dusting of Ceramide Skin Smoothing Loose Powder.
- I then used Nars Contour Palette under the cheekbones to give them extra definition and finished with Beautiful Color Radiance Blush in Tearose.
- I lined Selena’s upper lash line with Beautiful Color Precision Glide Eyelinerin Black Violet, creating a sharp angle to give the look of a liquid liner (but easier to apply).
- Next, I dusted her eyelids with Beautiful Color Eyeshadow in Smolder to add a touch of shimmer and pop.
- I applied a strip of natural mink eyelashes and coated them with Beautiful Color Maximum Volume Mascara in Black. I also applied two coats to her bottom lashes for added depth.
- Then, I filled in her brows using Beautiful Color Natural Eye Brow Pencil inNatural Beige and set them in place with Anastasia Brow Gel.
- To add a pop of color and complement her modern China doll look, I lined the lip with Beautiful Color Precision Glide Lip Liner in Red Door Red and finished with Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick in Matte Bold Red.
What do you think of Selena Gomez’ China: Into The Looking Glass Met Ball look?