One of my top 5 beauty looks last night was Reese Witherspoon, with her classic makeup and 2007 bangs redux look. Loved it! Here, the beauty breakdown, courtesy of her makeup artist, Molly R. Stern and hairstylist Adir Abergel.
FACE: Clean and photo-ready skin
· Stern first applied Caudalie Eau De Beaute Elixer, ($49) to invigorate Witherspoon’s skin.
· Next, she massaged RéVive Serum Pressé Illuminating Skin Firmer, ($310) to give her complexion a natural, luminous and smooth base. She lightly applied RèVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream Retexturizing Hydrator, ($195) for added hydration.
· Stern then applied NEW Laura Mercier Silk Crème Moisturizing Photo Edition Foundation in Cream Ivory, ($48, April 2015) to ensure Witherspoon’s complexion looked “clean and bright.”
· Using Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Abundance, ($56), Stern lightly contoured Witherspoon’s cheeks to accentuate the colour.
· She then added an intense flush to the apples of Witherspoon’s cheeks, giving her the look of “vibrant heat,” by applying Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze, ($25) topped with Kevyn Aucoin The Pure Powder Glow in Fira – Mango, ($37).
EYES: Golden wash of colour
· Stern’s inspiration for Witherspoon’s eye look was a “golden wash of colour” on the lids, with a smoky look underneath the lash line. Her goal was for the actress’ eyes to look defined and sultry.
· She first created a base using Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Black Karat, ($24). She then smudged Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Gilded Gold, ($28) on Witherspoon’s upper lids, “creating a brilliant sheen to compliment her sterling silver gown.”
· Then, she roughly lined the upper and lower lash lines using Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Noir, ($24).
· Lastly, Stern curled Witherspoon’s lashes with the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, ($29), and coated her lashes twice using Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara, ($25).
LIPS: Wine-stained lips
· To complete the look, Stern created wine-stained lips by applying Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Merlot, $27 topped off with a gold gloss for a luminous sheen.
The glam and modern side-swept ‘do was inspired by the Wild star’s glistening sequin dress, celebrity hairstylist Adir Abergel gave Reese Witherspoon subtle, chic waves with a clean side part for the 72nd Annual Golden Globes tonight. “Simplicity, modernity, and effortless texture were my key elements to creating this style,” said Adir.
- Adir started by creating a severe side part and then applied John Frieda Frizz Ease Beyond Smooth Frizz-Immunity Primer to towel-dried hair to serve as the perfect styling base.
- To continue building the perfect foundation for this style, Adir spritzed John Frieda Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray from roots to mid-shaft and then just concentrated on roots with John Frieda Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion.
- Next, he rough dried hair until it was nearly dry which helped bring out the natural texture and increase volume. Then, using a medium-sized boar bristle brush, Adir blow-dried the top front section in a sweeping direction to create a beautiful sweep of hair, which can also help to hide shorter bangs underneath.
- After blow-drying the rest of hair smooth, Adir used a 1 ¼” curling iron to wave hair from mid-shaft to ends, leaving the ends more undone.
- To finish the look, Adir pulled hair over to one side and secured it with a few bobby pins, making sure the opposite side of cascading hair was pulled tight. He then locked in the style by misting Frizz EaseKERAFLEX Flexible Hold Hairspray for a flawless finish.
What do you think of Reese Witherspoon’s flawless Golden Globes 2015 beauty moment?