I’ll admit that I was a little disappointed that Lorde strayed from her usual ’90s-chic curls (she wears them so well!) last night at the MTV VMAs 2014. But, if you’re going to veer from the norm, veer from the norm with Andy Lecompte, that’s what I always say. The songbird looked stunning with 1960’s Jerry Hall inspired hair with sultry waves.Here’s how to get the look, courtesy of Andy.
- Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner.
- To create the perfect foundation for styling, spray damp hair with Wella Professionals LuxeOil Keratin Boost Leave In Conditioning Spray then blow dry using a large ceramic brush to create natural volume
- Create a deep side part in the hair, then curl the entire head with a 1 ½ inch ceramic curling iron to create long loose waves
- Apply 2-3 pumps of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir to the palms of your hands, and then gently run fingertips through the curls to add shine and definition
- Finish the look with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray, lightly misting hair to prevent flyaways
What do you think? Do you prefer Lorde’s lengthy curls or were you into her smooth waves last night? I sort of missed her serving goth Rebecca Gayheart to the kids!