Natalie Portman wowed the crowd at the premiere of Black Swan at the Toronto Independent Film Festival red carpet. As a stark contrast to the structured bun she wore in the film, Nexxus Creative Director Kevin Mancuso choose to create soft, feminine waves to complement her black and white Jason Wu dress.
Kevin, who has worked with A-listers like Emma Roberts, Blake Lively, Naomi Watts and Taylor Swift, offers his tips for recreating Natalie’s style at home:
“I wanted to bring out the natural, organic beauty of Natalie’s hair,” said Mancuso “so I went for touchable texture and a feminine silhouette.”
· Shampoo and condition hair with volumizing products, like Nexxus Diametress Shampoo and Sublime Volume Conditioner, to give hair extra body.
· Apply a curl enhancing mousse, like Nexxus Gorgeous Curls, all over, combing through to ends.
· After blow-drying with a diffuser, smooth ends with a round brush and transfer warm hair to large Velcro rollers.
· Once cool, remove rollers and tousle hair with fingers, before creating a soft side part.
· Use a medium barrel curling iron to create curls around the face.
· Continue to create curls around the back of hair, concentrating on the bottom half of hair.
· After hair cools, tousle again with fingers to release the curls and create more of a ‘wave’ effect.
· Apply a dime-size amount of a taming lotion like, Nexxus Sleek Finish, to fingers and gently run over hair to help define and control waves.
· Finish with a light misting of hairspray, like Nexxus Comb Thru, for hold with movement.
Like this post? Don’t miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.