My gal, PR star Erica Greenbaum, has been in the beauty biz for years, working with past clients Aramis, Dolce & Gabbana Beauty, Dove and she currently works as PR Director for IT Cosmetics, one of my favorite makeup brands. The Brooklyn native and fellow American cheese enthusiast was kind of enough to share her PR rules for life, which are enlightening, whether or not you work in public relations! Without further ado, Erica’s 5 PR rules for life, in her words.
1. Never send flowers on a Friday. I personally don’t send flowers after a Tuesday!
2. Never BCC pitch. If you do, expect crickets.
3. Always get back to media the same day (preferably within the hour!)
4. Even though PR is all about the follow-up, nobody likes a stalkerazi and you don’t want to be that annoying PR girl that everyone talks about. Be cool like the countess.
5. Shoot it straight and always keep it real.
Thanks, Erica! Stay tuned for more 5 Rules For Life installments.
“Five Rules,” is a series on Rouge18 in which I ask others to share their five rules for life about anything and everything. You can learn a lot about a person by reading which five things govern their actions, no?