I loved Reese Witherspoon’s earthy, Bordeaux-lip-lacquered look at the SAGs. It was a lot of look, but she pulled it off with aplomb, no? Celebrity makeup artist Molly R. Stern did the makeup honors, inspired by the “smoldering beauties of film noir” and balanced “rich Bordeaux” colours on the eyes and lips with “bright and flushed skin.” Here, the beauty breakdown so you can recreate it for your next night out.
FACE: Bright, flushed and photo-ready skin
· Stern first applied Caudalie Eau De Beaute Beauty Elixer, ($49) to invigorate Witherspoon’s skin. Next, she massaged Natura Bisse The Cure Pure Serum, ($260) to give her skin vibrancy and hydration.
· Then, Stern applied NEW Laura Mercier Silk Crème Moisturizing Photo Edition Foundation in Cream Ivory, $48 to ensure Witherspoon’s complexion was “sheer, dewy and lustrous.”
· Using Kjaer Weiss Cream Blush in Lovely, ($56),Stern “heated up” the apples of Witherspoon’s cheeks, giving off a “radiant glow.”
EYES: Matte, earthy look
· For Witherspoon’s eye look, Stern opted for a “matte earthy wine all over the lids and smoked out underneath the lash line.”
· She first created a base using Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze, ($25). She then applied Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Truffle, ($24), which she described as rich brown shadow, over the base to give the eye “a depth of color.” Stern topped off the eye look with a brighter shadow – Makeup For Ever Artist Shadow – Matte Finish in Morello Cherry, ($21).
· Next, she tightly lined Witherspoon’s upper and lower lash line using Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Espresso, ($24).
· Lastly, Stern curled the actress’ lashes with the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, ($29), and coated her lashes twice using Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara in Black, ($25).
LIPS: Rich, Bordeaux colour
· To complete the look, Stern used Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Cocoa, ($27) as a base and brightened and enriched the color by applying NEW Laura Mercier Paint Wash Liquid Lip Colour in Orchid Pink ($28, March 2015). To give an “added punch,” she applied NEW Laura Mercier Paint Wash Liquid Lip Colour in Vermillion Red, ($28, March 2015) to the center of the lips.
· Finally, she topped Witherspoon’s lip look withLaura Mercier Lip Glacé in Black Cherry, ($25) to give “depth and sheen.”
Thoughts on Reese Witherspoon’s SAGs look?