For the VMAs, Gwen Stefani went with a more on-brand look: the deep side-parted knotted roll! Danilo created this hairstyle for the songbird. Here, how to get the look.
1. Start by shampooing and conditioning your hair with a strengthening shampoo and conditioner (like the Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Strengthening Shampoo & Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Strengthening Conditioner) to help strengthen hair against damage
2. Towel dry your hair and spray hair with an ultra leave-in conditioner (like Pantene Pro-V Moisture Mist Detangler)
3. Part hair into 4 sections (sides and top)
4. Lightly mist each section with a volumizing gel (like Pantene Pro-V Volume Root Lifting Spray Gel) and then blow-dry each section
5. When dry, part hair with a deep side part – bring hair up and over the crown, and then down behind the opposite ear
6. Brush the top of the hair smooth, away from the part, then brush up the opposite part
7. Gather brushed side and top together and begin to twist and fold into a knotted roll and pin to secure
11. Mist with a light, flex hold hairspray (like the Pantene Pro-V Stylers Flexible Hold Hairspray)
8. With the loose hair, take vertical sections and mist with a shine spray (like Pantene Advanced+ Keratin Repair KERAGLOSS Oil Mist), brush and fold hair into large pin curls to set
9. Leave hair in pin curls until cool, unpin and brush into style. For added texture, use a dry texturizing spray
What do you think of Gwen Stefani’s VMAs ‘do? I think it’s quintessentially her and very chic. Share your thoughts in the comments.