Amy Adams wins my vote for best look of the night. That pale blue Oscar de la Renta (Oscar for the Oscars) dress, that stunning updo, the perfect makeup. Flawless. Her hairstyle comes courtesy of Laini Reeves for Moroccanoil. Her beautiful hair look blended a touch of 50’s glamour with a modern textural edge that flawlessly complemented the couture gown. “I was inspired by the detailing of the amazing design Amy wore,” said Laini Reeves. “The hair shape is classic. However, I made the texture a little more tousled, created a crown with a little bit of a backcomb that didn’t look too stiff or perfect, and swept her hair back into a messy modern chignon.” Here’s how to get the look, straight from Reeves.
- I started with Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo followed with Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Conditioner. I applied Moroccanoil Treatment Light on the ends to smooth and control them when I was ready to create the chignon.
- Next, I used Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse and blow dried the hair, keeping the hair moving upwards at the roots for as much lift as possible.
- I then set hair with large size sponge rollers to create texture, spraying each section with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong before rolling. After giving the entire set another spray, I left them in for half an hour.
- After I removed the rollers, I gently finger-brushed the hair, then used a backcombing brush to create padding at the roots, especially at the crown.
- I brought back all the hair and tied it into a loose ponytail at the nape of the neck (about 2” away from the scalp), then pushed it back to the nape and up to create a nice high crown.
- To complete the look, I gently backcombed the ponytail and sprayed it with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong. I then rolled it into a messy chignon, letting a bit of the backcombing show, and pinned it in place.
Was Amy Adams’ Oscars look one of your favorites?
Like this post? Don’t miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.