Abbie Cornish looked stunning at the Limitless Premier in New York City on Tuesday night. I’m living for that updo. Not too uptight, but fabulously FORMAL. To complement her form-fitting dress, smoky eye and subdued lip, celebrity stylist and Nexxus Creative Director Kevin Mancuso created a retro red-carpet look with a modern twist.
Kevin says “The look is an updated take on old Hollywood glamour,” said Mancuso. “Leaving one side slightly looser than the other keeps this style fresh by playing on the popular asymmetrical trend.” Here are the products he used.
· Apply a volumizing spray gel, like Nexxus Lavish Body to damp hair from root to tip for incredible lift and body.
· Part hair to one side and blow dry with small round brush, rolling hair back away from the face on both sides.
· Set hair in small velcro rollers to create added lift at the crown and form retro waves.
· Allow hair to cool, remove from rollers and gently brush hair out to soften the curl.
· Apply a small amount of Nexxus Verastyler Artistic Designing Lotion to fingertips and comb hair back with your hands. This will help add definition to waves and smooth any flyaways.
· Pull hair into a ponytail and use the tail of a comb to slightly loosen and lift hair at the crown (on one side of the part only) to create volume.
· Tuck the bottom of the ponytail up and under and pin in place with bobby pins.
· Spray hair with a light misting of hairspray, like Nexxus Comb Thru Natural Hold Design and Finishing Mist for flexible hold and shine.
What do we think of Abbie Cornish’s hairstyle? I love the color, love the vibe, love the whole thing. Dish.
Like this post? Don’t miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.