Next, I hit up the phenom Kevin Mancuso (the man behind Britney’s mane) for Nexxus, who created a chic updo. Now, I watched Kevin for several minutes trying to take it all in… I was determined to recreate this one myself. It’s pretty complicated, but as luck has it, Nexxus heard my plea and emailed a step-by-step how-to! Check it:
* Distribute a medium-hold mousse, such as Nexxus Mousse Plus, throughout hair to help maintain the structure of the style.
* Separate hair into medium sized sections and blow-dry with a round brush.
* Part top section of hair down the middle.
* Gather hair into a mid-placed ponytail, in line with your ears. Loop ponytail into a twisted bun and secure with bobby pins.
* Pull a few strands from the end of the ponytail from the bun for a wispy texture.
*Finish look with a light-hold hairspray, like Nexxus 360° Volume.
Behold Kevin Mancuso‘s products at Vivienne Tam backstage!
I think the makeup and hair are both gorgely understated. What say you? Tell me in the comments!
Image credit: beautybloggingjunkie.com