Revlon Global Brand Ambassador Halle Berry looked positively ageless at the MTV Movie Awards this weekend. Chanel Celebrity Makeup Artist Kara Yoshimoto Bua accentuated Halle’s eyes by creating a smokey eye look matched with bold lashes and a neutral lip.
“To go along with Halle’s sexy tousled hair, I went with a smokey smudged eye look, glowing fresh skin, and gave her eyes soft intensity and definition with lots of mascara, blended shadowing and liner.” Here, the beauty breakdown.
- Bua started by using La Solution 10 de Chanel and CHANEL Hydra Beauty Flash Balm to create the perfect base.
- She began with REVLON ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup and Concealer in Caramel, using it as both foundation and concealer to give skin a flawless finish.
- Next, she applied CHANEL Natural Finish Pressed Powder in Natural followed by REVLON Highlighting Palette in Rose Glow to the orbital bone, lid, brow bone, shoulders and collarbone to add a sheer yet subtle glow and CHANEL Blush Harmony in Sunkiss Ribbon to apples of the cheeks.
- For the smokey eye, Bua started with REVLON ColorStay Not Just Nudes Palette in Passionate Nudes and blended the medium taupe shades on the lid up to crease.
- REVLON ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner in Blackout was used along the upper lash line followed by REVLON ColorStay Eyeliner in Charcoal on the upper lid, from the lash line to the outer corner, as well as halfway up the lid and along lower lash line 3/4 from outside in.
- To add to the smokey effect, Bua used the brown shades from REVLON ColorStay Not Just Nudes Palette in Passionate Nudes on lower lash line to set the pencil liner, followed by REVLON ColorStay Eyeliner in Black drawn on waterline to make the eyes pop.
- To finish, she painted the upper and lower lashes with REVLON Ultimate All-In-One Mascara in Blackest Black, applying 2 coats to give lashes a bold look.
- To balance the eye, she focused on a neutral lip, by outlining lips with CHANEL Lip Precision Lip Definer in Beige Satin followed by CHANEL Rouge Coco Stylo in Script.