“Punk” fits Florence Welch‘s naturally slightly edgy look, and makeup artist Lisa Aharon created a simple and clean makeup effect for Florence Welch. She noted that “Florence’s dress and boots for the event were punk enough to inspire a less obvious makeup look.” Here’s how Aharon got the look.
- Aharon first prepped the skin using Laura Mercier Repair Eye Serum ($80), utilizing its brightening properties to give Welch a “good base of skincare” and then applied RéVive Sensitif Day ($195) all over the face to combat any dryness.
- She then applied Laura Mercier Perfecting Water Moisture Mist ($38) to give Welch’s skin a “boost of hydration.”
- Next, she used a sponge to apply Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Porcelain ($43) to gently even out Welch’s already “youthful and flawless” face.
- She then used Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-1 ($30) to conceal imperfections and patted on Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in #1 ($22) using the Laura Mercier All Over Eye Colour Brush ($30), which “fit the contours of the eye perfectly over and under.”
- Next, she dusted Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent ($35) to Welch’s T-Zone, cheekbones and under the eyes to set the singer’s makeup.
- Lastly, Aharon decided to forego blush and went with only a contour, as per Welch’s directions. To create the contour, she applied Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Bronze-01 ($36) using the Laura Mercier Angled Cheek Contour Brush ($45).
Aharon highlighted Welch’s “gorgeous, almond shaped, blue eyes”
- First, Aharon applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Sand Glow ($24) and patted on Laura Mercier Luster Eye Colour in Gold Dust ($23) over the Caviar Stick to “give the lid some dimension beyond the simple black line.”
- Then she shaded the lash line to the outer eye using Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Coffee Ground ($23) to help the Laura Mercier Corner Faux Eyelashes ($18) blend into Welch’s already “amazingly long and full lashes.”
- Aharon applied a coat of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara in Black ($24) and finished the look by using Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Noir ($22) to create a “slightly winged” line.
- Even though Welch’s brows were mainly covered by her bangs, Aharon still used Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil in Blonde ($22) to give her “strong and defined” brows.
A nude lip let Welch’s “skin and eyes take the stage”
- Aharon first applied Laura Mercier Lip Stain in Peach Glaze ($20) onto Welch’s lips and blended Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Natural Lips ($22) on top to make the “lips look beige and nude, but still have some life.”
Yay or nay on Florence Welch’s Met Ball 2013 makeup look?
Like this post? Don’t miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.