For Claire Danes‘ Met Ball 2013 makeup look, Makeup artist Matin Maulawizada drew inspiration from Danes’ “beautifully textured long black dress.” The dress was “elegant, but had a very modern twist,” which he wanted the makeup look to reflect. He was also inspired by the “punk” theme of the evening, stating, “I wanted to bring in inspiration from the punk era and make it into a beautiful version fit for the red carpet.” Here, the beauty breakdown.
EYES: Black-rimmed eyes with a pop of pink
- First, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony ($23) in between Danes’ lashes and then lined them using Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Liner in Black ($22) to achieve the “black rimmed” effect. To keep the shape more “punk,” he followed her natural rim line.
- Next, he applied Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Black Plum ($23) all over the eyelid to give it a “smoky” feel. He then applied Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Rubellite ($23) to give Danes’ an “early 80’s pop of color.”
- Maulawizada added the final touch of glamour by applying multiple coats of Laura Mercier Waterproof Mascara in Black ($20) to the top and bottom lashes.
FLAWLESS FACE: Sun-kissed skin
· First, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Repair Eye Serum ($80) underneath the eyes and on the cheekbones and then applied Laura Mercier Mega Moisturizer Crème SPF 15 in Normal/Combination Skin ($50) all over the face. Next, he massaged the face using Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($32) (this happens to be Danes’ favorite part of the make application process!).
· He next applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Nude ($43) and followed with Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Crème Compact SPF 20 in Nude ($45) for added coverage.
· Using the Bronzer Veil from the Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Healthy Glow for Face & Cheeks Crème Colour Palette ($48), he contoured her cheeks and blended the color underneath Danes’ chin to even out her “sun-kissed” skin from the weekend.
· Next, he used Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-3 ($30) to conceal any small imperfections.
- Maulawizada then applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Rosebud ($24) to the apples of Danes’ cheeks.
· Lastly, he lightly dusted Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent ($35) to set her makeup, ensuring she looked flawless all night long.
LIPS: Soft Lips
· Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Pink Blush ($26) to Danes’ lips.
What do you think?
Like this post? Don’t miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.