Oscarsrs Presenter Octavia Spencer’s ballerina-beautiful high top-knot was created by stylist Jill Crosby. Said Crosby, “Octavia is wearing a Tadashi dress with beautiful tulling which (to me) resembled a ballerina; I wanted her look to be youthful and soft to complement the dress. I added the bang to soften the look. I ventilated a hair piece for her that was color blended and matched her hair.
Octavia was freaking out, she loved it!” Here’s how to get the look.
- Start by smoothing hair with The T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer and AntriGravity Barrel Brush.
- To help this process, set hair in T3 Voluminous Hot Rollers.
- Once hair is smoothed, put up into a high pony tail – curl pony tail with T3 SinglePass Twirl Curling Iron.
- Add full hair extension piece to the pony tail. The piece has been pre-curled.
- To prepare extensions, take large sections of hair and wrap around barrel of the T3 SinglePass Twirl in a corkscrew style to create big loose waves.
- Once hair piece is pinned in, work pony tail into a wavy chignon. Use a 2.5” straight pin to pin it back.
- EXPERT TIP: “Don’t be too gentle when making the chignon, don’t try and make it too perfect or it goes ‘prom-ish’, let there be some natural texture to it, and don’t make it too pristine.” – Jill Crosby
- Install custom-made bang piece (ventilated by Jill Crosby) to keep look soft
What do you think of Octavia’s ‘do?
Like this post? Don’t miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.