It was bold, but I liked Claire Danes‘ subtle shout-out to her lips of yore as Angela Chase at last night’s SAG Awards. Was it or was it NOT something she’d wear with Rayanne to Let’s Bolt? Matin Maulawizada, Global Artistry Director for Laura Mercier, created the look to complement Claire Danes’ dramatic black Givenchy dress. Here’s how to recreate it yourself.
- While she was getting her hair done, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Lip Silk ($22) to Danes’ lips to smooth and nourish them.
· Once her hair was complete, he contoured and shaded the lips using Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Coffee Bean ($20) followed by Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Deep Wine ($20).
· First, Maulawizada prepped Danes’ skin using Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($32) to create an even canvas and ensure her makeup stayed flawless throughout the evening.
· Then, he applied Laura Mercier Repair Eye Serum ($80) generously over her cheekbones.
· Next, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation in Warm Ivory ($50) to lighten Danes’ complexion.
· On her cheeks, he applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze ($24) followed by Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent ($35) to set the look.
- Maulawizada defined Danes’ eyes by applying Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine ($22) to her lash line.
- Then, he layered a combination of Laura Mercier Metallic Crème Eye Colour in Rose Gold ($22) and Laura Mercier Metallic Crème Eye Colour in Burnished Copper ($22) on her eyelids.
- Next, he applied Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic ($38) to further enhance the eyes.
- Maulawizada added the final touch of glamour by applying multiple coats of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara ($24) to Danes’ upper lashes.
What was your feeling on Claire Danes’ vampy lip last night?
Like this post? Don’t miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.