Mindy Kaling looked gorge last night at the Emmys. Have you SEEN her new show The Mindy Project yet? I’ve seen it On Demand more than 4 times. It’s genius. Here, the deets on her hair and makeup looks.
Stylist Luke Chamberlain created her flowing hairstyle last night. To compliment the 70’s, drapey feel of Mindy’s St. John gown, stylist Luke Chamberlain drew his inspiration from style icon Bianca Jagger. Staying away from anything too rough in texture, the key was to achieve a soft and romantic look through voluminous hair that would complement the romantic gown. Here’s how to get the look, straight from Luke.
1. Started with damp hair, applied Matrix Biolage Volumizing Mousse section by section throughout
2. Added a small amount of Biolage ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment, later blow dried the hair with a medium boar bristle round brush sealing in the oil and mousse achieving healthy body with tons of shine
3. Used a 1” barrel curling iron wrapping it in a figure eight pattern continuing this techinique with all sections throughout the hair, later placing the curls in 1 inch velcro curlers while allowing to cool
4. Removed the rollers and brushed out the hair creating lush and voluminous waves
5. Finished off the look with Matrix Total Results Amplify Hairspray to lock in volume for the rest of the night
Says makeup artist Kindra Mann,
“We wanted to channel a modern version of Bianca Jagger when she was on the cover of Vogue in 1974, but with a more appropriate red carpet twist.”
“I prepped Mindy’s skin with Fresh’s Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum and then applied a thin layer of Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer. Using Shiseido’s Perfect Foundation Brush I applied Shiseido’s Dual Balancing Foundation in Deep Ochre. I then applied Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Waterproof Concealer in Deep where needed and under the eyes. I applied a mix of Stila’s Convertible Color in Poppy and NARS Powder blush in Outlaw to the cheeks. I set the make up with Make Up Forever Super Matte Loose Powder in Apricot Beige. On the eyes I used Tarte Amazonian Clay Cream Eyeshadow in Shimmering Moss on the lid and crease and smoked it out with Stila Eyeshadow in Ebony. I lined the entire eye in Make Up Forever Aqua Cream Eyeliner in Black and finished it with a few coats of Hourglass Superficial Mascara in Black. On the lips I tied the look together using Make up Forever Aqua rouge lipstick in 13.”
What do you think of Mindy Kaling’s hairstyle and makeup at the Emmys? And do you ALSO love her new show? Share!
Like this post? Don’t miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.