Inspiration: The makeup was created to complement the look and mood of the collection – sophisticated, airy, effortless chic. “I wanted the girls to be reminiscent of a young Catherine Deneuve – an uncomplicated beauty,” said Lisa Butler, Makeup Artist for NARS Cosmetics.
Look: Overall, the look featured shades of plum and neutrals. Lisa applied the Duo Eyeshadow in Habanera over the eyelids for a very subtle effect. “The light reflecting off the flex of sparkle made it young and fresh,” she said. Eyeliner Pencil in Kyoto, inside the lower lash line, made the eyes pop and gave definition and a harder edge to the look. Finally, Lisa “swept NARS Bronzing Powder in Casino across the jaw line, temples and cheek bones to give a sun-kissed glow.”
Below is a step-by-step to recreate the look:
· Apply NARS Brightening Serum for a radiant, even complexion
· Apply NARS Oil Free Foundation, where needed, to cover skin imperfections
· Set with a minimal amount of NARS Loose Powder for a clean, even finish
· With NARS Yachiyo Brush, apply NARS Bronzing Powder in Casino to neck, jaw line, temples, and cheek bones for a fresh glow.
· Brush eyebrows up
· Apply NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Habanera (sparking charcoal plum side) to entire lid, keeping color strong at lash line
· Using NARS Large Domed Eye Brush, blend edges
· Curl lashes with NARS Eyelash Curler
· Run NARS Eyeliner Pencil in Kyoto along lower lash line
· With a minimal amount of NARS Mascara in Black Orchid, gently go over upper lashes
· Apply NARS Rain Lip Therapy to entire lip