Aubrey Plaza looked radiant at the 2013 Met Gala. Her hair was tended to by Charles Baker Strahan, celebrity stylist for Herbal Essences. Says Baker Strahan, “Once I saw Aubrey’s dress, with its edgy wings and ethereal vibe, I knew I wanted to give her hair height, but also keep it soft around her face.” Here’s how to get the look.
· Apply Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Mousse to wet hair to keep the body and the volume
· Blow-dry hair and apply a mist of Herbal Essences Set Me Up Heat Protection Sprayto protect the hair from heat styling
· Flat-iron the ends of the hair to keep the punk-inspired straight edge
· Take sections and wrap a 3Ž4” barrel curling iron around the mid-shaft of the hair to create a wave that had an edgier quality
· To create the knotted bun in the back, separate the hair into two pieces and tie into a knot (like you’re tying a shoe)
· Keep knotting the hair around itself into a bun and secure with bobby pins
· Pull out a few loose pieces around the front and add a bit of Herbal Essences Set Me Up Texturizing Wax to give them definition
· Finish the whole look with Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Hairsprayto give it hold all night
What do you think of Aubrey Plaza’s hairstyle?
Like this post? Don’t miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.
I love her hair and will definitely try for the look. the instructions look fairly straightforward…worth a go!