Hi, I can’t wait for this movie.
I downloaded the special nerd app that lets me see a sneak preview of it on the 15th instead of the 17th. May I live long and prosper, right? Anywho, I’m loving Zoe Saldana‘s perfectly executed makeup look for the premiere. Makeup artist Vera Steimberg drew inspiration from Saldana’s “amazing, glamorous” dress to create a 1920s-inspired beauty look. Here’s how to get the look, straight from Steimberg.
Bold, red lips were the look’s focal point. Steimberg applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Portofino Red ($26) to Saldana’s lips to draw all attention to her pout, giving her a “bright, yet elegant final look.”
Steimberg balanced the dramatic lips with a “softer” look on the eyes.
- First, Steimberg applied Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Espresso ($22) onto the lash line using the Laura Mercier Angled Eye Liner Brush ($20).
- Next, she applied Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Terracota ($23) over the entire eyelid and then applied Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Violet Sky ($23) to the outer corners of Saldana’s eyes.
- In order to give the eyes added contour, she mixed Laura Mercier Luster Eye Colour in Bamboo ($23) with Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Coffee Ground ($23) and applied to the eyelids.
- Steimberg added the final touch of glamour by applying multiple coats of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara in Black ($24) to the top and bottom lashes.
- First, Steimberg covered imperfections using Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-6 ($30), which gave Saldana a natural look.
- Next, she lightly dusted Laura Mercier Mineral Illuminating Powder in Candlelight ($32) to set the concealer.
- Lastly, Steimberg applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze ($24) to the apples of the cheeks and layered Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Spiced Cider ($24) on top to give the cheeks more color.
What do you think of Zoe Saldana’s “Into The Darkness” look?
Like this post? Don’t miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.