Makeup maestro Mario Dedivanovic did the makeup honors for the stunning Gabrielle Union for last night’s Met Gala. “Gabrielle had a bright yellow gown on so I wanted to keep the look in neutrals to compliment her gown nicely. We went for a soft Smokey eye and medium brown lip.” Here, the beauty breakdown.
- We began prepping Gabrielle’s skin last night. I gave her Kiehl’s Ginger Leaf & Hibiscus Firming Overnight Mask to sleep in the night before, so she woke up with smooth, partially prepped skin.
- First, I primed her skin with a serum, applying Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate all over her face. I prepared her eyes for makeup by dotting Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado around and under her eyes, and then fully moisturized her face and neck with Kiehl’s new Glow Formula Skin Hydrator, adding both hydration and instant radiance.
- Finally, I applied Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 to prep Gabrielle’s lips while I began her makeup. Gabrielle wore Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic Foundation in both shades 10 and 11 to create a flawless looking base.
- Then, to achieve the ultimate glow, I applied Charlotte Tilbury’s Hollywood Flawless Filter in shade 5 to the cheekbones, chin and bridge of the nose and blended to give her a soft-focus starlit glow. Charlotte Tilbury’s Hollywood Flawless Filter complexion booster paired with Hydrator gave Gabrielle the most gorgeous dewy, natural looking finish. She had an otherworldly glow, it was next level.
- I then applied Charlotte Tilbury’s Hollywood Contour Wand in Medium/Dark to the forehead, jawline, and the hollows of the cheeks for subtle definition, followed with Charlotte Tilbury’s Hollywood Beauty Light Wand along the cheekbones for an extra pop of luminosity. I then finished with a quick swipe of Charlotte Tilbury’s NEW Pretty Youth Glow Filter in Seduce Blush (Available 5/31). The cream-to-powder formula gave her a fresh looking, instant flush.
- To create Gabrielle’s eye look, I started by applying the shade ‘4-pop’ to the eyelid and continued to diffuse the shadow into the crease by blending the shade ‘3-smoke’ from Charlotte Tilbury’s Luxury Eyeshadow Palette in The Sophisticate. Finally, I added a hint of shimmer to the eyelid using the shade ‘4-Pop’ from the Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Eyeshadow Palette in Rock Chick. I completed Gabrielle’s eye look using Charlotte Tilbury’s NEW Legendary Lashes Volume 2. This mascara is a favorite as it gives insane volume, thickness and length instantly.
- I wanted her lip look to remain neutral to complement her dress so I paired Charlotte Tilbury’s Lip Cheat lip liner in Foxy Brown and Hollywood Honey with Charlotte Tilbury’s Matte Revolution lipstick in Very Victoria. I topped it off with Charlotte Tilbury’s NEW Collagen Lip Bath (available 5/31) to give her a bit of light-catching shine and keep her lips hydrated.
- Before she left for the red carpet, I applied a light dusting of Charlotte Tilbury’s Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder in shade 3, which she took along with the lipstick for touchups throughout the night.