Natalie Portman looked gorgeous at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party in a cool upsweep was styled by Pantene Celebrity Stylist & Global Brand Ambassador, Danilo. Here, the 411 on recreating this look yourself.
1. Prep hair with a light leave-in conditioner (like the Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Moisture Mist Detangler) – A leave-in conditioner protects from heat and delivers amazing shine
2. Part hair into sections (sides and top) and lightly mist hair with a volumizer all-over (like the Pantene Pro-V PowerFULL Body Booster Spray) for added shine and volume
3. Blow-dry each section smooth with a paddle mixed bristle brush
4. Apply a pea size amount of a leave-in cream (like the Pantene Expert Dry Defy Velvet Crème Infusion) through the hair for rich moisture and added heat protection. Do this for each section of the hair, applying a pea size amount from the midsection through the ends to make the look last
5. Flat iron each section to ensure that hair is smooth
6. Pull sides and back of hair into a sleek ponytail, making sure that you’re positioning the hair at the mid-level of the head
7. Add volume at the base of the top section by pulling sections of the hair forward and brushing it away from the head for a smooth, full lift. Apply a light leave-in spray (Like the Pantene Pro-V Stylers Flexible Hold Hairspray)
8. Brush the surface of the hair with a light, smooth brush and wrap it around the ponytail at the base
9. Spiral braid the hair and arrange it into a chignon, securing it into place with pins
10. Mist a strong hold hairspray (like the Pantene Pro-V Stylers Anti-Humidity Maximum Hold Hairspray) to preserve style, protect from the weather, and to secure the final look
What do you think of this chic updo on Natalie Portman?