Did you SEE Shailene Woodley in “The Descendants?” I thought she was incredible. While I deemed her Oscars dress was a little too matronly for her, I adored her major mondo-bun. Here’s how to get it, straight from her stylist, Campbell McAuley for MATRIX.
The inspiration? To compliment her Valentino Couture gown, stylist Campbell McAuley wanted to give Shailene a simple, glamorous hairstyle that would really pop. The high neckline and pattern of the fabric inspired a 70’s style textured chignon with a Moroccan twist. The wrapped pieces of the chignon were intended to mirror the textures of the dress.
How To Get The Look
– Starting with wet hair, applied MATRIX Total Results Amplify Wonder Boost Root Lifter to give the base of the hair volume
– Blowdried hair with a round brush to smooth the texture
– Set hair in Velcro rollers for one hour
– Removed rollers, brushed out curls and worked MATRIX Total Results Sleek Silk Wonder Smoothing Oil from roots to end for shine
– Gathered all hair into a textured ponytail at the crown of the head
– Twisted small sections of the ponytail and wrapped them up to the base of the hair to make a round shape
– Half way through, wrapped remaining sections around the round shape to give it a criss-cross texture
– Finished with MATRIX Design Pulse Hard Lock Hairspray to hold the style in place
What do you think of Shailene Woodley’s mondo ‘do? And oversized buns in general? Too retro? Too fabulous? SHARE.