Celebrity makeup artist Melanie Inglessis created Kate Hudson’s “very feminine, pretty and fresh” look for the Los Angeles premiere of Kung Fu Panda 3. Here’s how she got the look.
· First, Inglessis applied WEI’s Dragon Blood Eye Lifting Pads (6 for $60) around Kate’s eyes for ten minutes to give instant firming and lifting benefits.
· Next, to give Kate an instant glow, WEI’s NEW Rice Sprout Express Glow Illuminating Mask (6 for $60) was applied to her skin for ten minutes. Soaked in a nutrient-rich essence, this red-carpet essential brightened Kate’s complexion immediately.
· Finally, for the ultimate dewy look, Inglessis mixed WEI’s NEW Lotus Blossom Hydra-Rescue Replenishing Serum ($68) with the NEW WEI Lotus Blossom Hydra-Lock Oil Free Gel Cream ($58) to hydrate and smooth Kate’s skin.
· To create a glowing and radiant complexion, Inglessis used a wet beauty blender, to apply NEWLaura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation in Buff ($48) all over her face.
· Next, only where needed, she used Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC3 ($34) to completely even out Kate’s complexion.
· Inglessis then dusted Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent ($37) all over Kate’s face to set and prolong the wear of her makeup.
· Then, she dabbed Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Stick Face Colour in Peach Glow ($32) to the apples of Kate’s cheeks, to add freshness.
· Inglessis wanted to create “a natural eye with a little shimmer.” She shared, “I love working with creams. They are easy and blend together nicely – resulting in a lovely finish.” Therefore, she appliedLaura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Sugar Frost ($28) all over her eyes, leaving the bottom totally clean of makeup. This brought more light to her face.
· Next, she applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Sandglow ($28) to the crease of the eye and outer corner.
· To give Kate luscious lashes, she applied Sisely Mascara So Intense in Black ($67).
· Inglessis shared, “The focus of this look is on the lips. I wanted a strong pop of colour.” To achieve this, she lined the lips using Laura Mercier Crushed Berry Lip Liner ($23), adding beautiful definition.
· Next, she applied NEW Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Boudoir ($28) to Kate’s lips.
· To finish the look, Inglessis dabbed Kate’s lips with Laura Mercier Infusion De Rose Lip Balm ($24) to provide extra nourishment and leave her pout with a semi-gloss finish.