So I’m a little delayed due to Fashion Week… But don’t think I won’t bring you the dirt on the hair and makeup of the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards last weekend! Ashley Greene worked the red carpet as an MTV fashion correspondent, showing off her long, wavy locks styled by Pantene Celebrity Stylist, Danilo, whom I saw backstage at L.A.M.B. last week. Here’s how to achieve Ashley Greene’s look on your own:
1. Starting on wet hair, Danilo sprayed the Pantene Pro-V Root Lifter Gel on her crown to prime her hair for a voluminous shape on top
2. Since Ashley was stationed outside on the red carpet, Danilo combed through the Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Frizz Control Ultra Smoothing Balm from the mid-shaft of her hair to the ends to keep it looking sleek and frizz-free despite the humidity
3. After applying the balm, Danilo blow-dried her hair straight
4. Danilo then pulled the top half of her hair back, using his classic French Lacing technique to give her healthy volume on top while leaving a dramatic side part for contrast
5. Then he used a large iron to create her loose flowing curls underneath, combing when necessary
6. To hold the look in place, Danilo sprayed her hair with the Pantene Pro-V Texture Hairspray for moveable texture while she worked the carpet
Pantene products are available at drugstores and mass retailers nationwide.
Subscribe via my RSS feed.