Beauties, you know I love nothing more than making fun of corporate lingo. Tragically, since my lifestyle involves only two days a week within the hallowed halls of 2 World Financial Center, I’m a bit out of practice when it comes to incorporating it into my lexicon for laughs now that I’m “out of pocket.” But my gal Julia Murphree, who’s a major Maybelline P.R. muckety muck emailed me today about bringing corporate speak back into everyday convos. Since she’s always switching between Maybelline execs/friends, she often mixes the two up. Ready for a “paradigm shift?” Some examples, in the sage words of Julia:
· What “next steps” will you take with the guy you’re interested in?
· Let’s “get the ball rolling” on vacation plans.
· Maybe we should talk “off-line” when (insert name of annoying acquaintance) isn’t here.
· Start thinking “outside the box” about where we should go to dinner.
· This champagne cocktail is a “win/win” for everyone.
· You really “hit a homerun” with those new Loubs.
· What’s your “availability” for dinner next week?
· It’s “all hands on deck” for Lindsay’s intervention.
· How can we “leverage” our friend Chopin’s discount at Calvin?
· Her outfit is totally “locked and loaded.”
· We should really consult with (hairstylist) before (makeup artist) “moving forward.”
· After a bad night, I feel “utilized.”
HILAR and brill, right, dolls? What are your favorite ways to involve corporate lingo into every day life?
Like this post? Don’t miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.