Allow me to be the Beauty Nostradamus for the nonce: I predict that Malibu Barbie braids will dominate in 2010. Exhibit A: The Brooke Shields circa Blue Lagoon braid designed by REDKEN style expert Guido Palau at the Alexander Wang Spring 2010 Collection (see photo below).
And now, we have Exhibit B: Rachel McAdams‘ gorgeous side braid at the world premiere of Sherlock Holmes. I’m so into replicating this look, stat, now that my hair is finally long enough for side braids. Thank you, Biotin. Here’s the beauty breakdown:
Sebastian Stylist Design Team Member Thomas Dunkin styled actress Rachel McAdams’ tresses to complement her Grecian-inspired gown for a red carpet look that radiated grace and glam. I love Sherlock’s leading lady’s asymmetrical, loosely textured side braid styled by Thomas Dunkin.
How to recreate Rachel’s red carpet look at home:
- Start by applying a volumizing product like Sebastian Professional Texturizer to wet hair.
- Blow dry in sections, and pin each section in medium and large sized Velcro rollers throughout whole head and allow to set for 5-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool then take down rollers, and spray hair with a dry shampoo for added texture.
- Emulsify a small dab of Sebastian Professional Microweb Fiber between palms and run through top of hair. Backcomb front section and manipulate for height and volume. Secure with pins.
- French braid bottom half of hair starting behind left ear and pin random remaining pieces into braid for haphazard, playful positioning.
- Finish the look with Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce for tousled movement and controlled hold.
What do we think?
Subscribe via my RSS feed.