As Mem Day approaches, we all need a quick, easy, wash and go ‘do, no? I’ll be keeping it local in NYC this year, but I secretly love the quiet streets and opportunities to hit up restaurants that are constantly booked up when everyone’s NOT out of town at the Hamptons. Back to this look, I love the diagonal part and cool braided integration here created by Pureology’s own Pure Artist Sandra Joseph. Here, she did a twist on a standard top knot perfect for those hot summer days on the horizon. Whether you’re hitting up a local beach or island hopping somewhere tropical, Sandra’s quick and easy braided style will keep you looking effortlessly chic yet cool all season long.
Here’s how to get the look:
- Lightly mist Pureology Colour Fanatic Multi-Tasking Hair Beautifier through damp hair to prime and protect. For added protection and volume, add small amount of Pure Volume Style + Care Infusion then blow dry upside down with a paddle brush. This technique will provide lift by getting the roots moving the opposite direction.
- With your head still flipped upside down, separate the center section of hair and begin aDutch braid at the nape of the neck. Continue braiding the up the center back of the head, then secure the braid at the ends with an elastic.
- Flip head upright and gather remaining lengths of hair along with the braid and secure into a high ponytail. Lightly mist Strengthening Control Zero Dulling Hairspray for a light hold and to smooth fly-aways.
- Wrap hair around the base of the ponytail creating a bun. Pin the bun into place then lightly pull a few pieces loose for a softer finish.
- Complete you look with another mist of Strengthening Control Zero Dulling Hairspray for added shine and hold.