I’d posit that Fezzik, while a kind, gentle soul, was wrong about that one. First of all, let’s pause and appreciate the rise in popularity of the mask, shall we? Its instant gratification can’t be matched, though the results are as ephemeral as the shelf life of a Tinder relationship. They’re truly the swipe-app equivalent of a skin-care crush. That said, if you have a special event at which you need to look positively smashing, there’s nothing better to get your peau on point. Inconceivable? Not so much. Here, my seven favorite masks of the moment.
- Pixi Mud Mask This travel-size version comes in a 3-piece set and makes pore-clogging sebum a thing of the past. Plus, the price is so right at $22 for the full size bottle.
- Morgan Taylor Bare Luxury Detox Masque This one’s for your hands and feet for at-home pedis that feel lavishly luxurious. The combo of kukui and goji berry yield a surprisingly delightful fragrance. It comes packaged in a set that includes soaks, as well.
- Origins By All Greens This mask/cleanser hybrid blends good-for-your-skin ingredients like spinach and spirulina to cleanse without stripping or drying. Plus, it foams satisfyingly and makes me feel like I can skip my green juice for the day since I’ve absorbed my superfoods through my SKIN.
- Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Netflix, chill and decongest the eff out your skin with this enzymatic exfoliator.
- Lush Mask Of Magnaminty Make molehills out of mountains of the pimple variety with this blackhead assassinator. Its refreshing minty scent is perfect for steamy summer nights.
- Mario Badescu Enzyme Revitalizing Mask When my skin simultaneous needs a pore clean-out and a shot of moisture, I opt for this iteration, a cocktail of vitamin e and papaya extract.
- Philosophy The Microdelivery Purifying Oxygen Peel Every time I step off a plane, I feel as if I left a better version of my face on it, then go on to disrupt my whole skin “apple tree” with local water, which can have multiple outcomes. Applying this 2-part mask in my hotel room is like having my own skin-care Wesley around. It’s all “As you wish,” and gives me the smooth, bright hydrated skin of dreams.