Ted Gibson did the hair honors for the Pitch Perfect 2 star tonight for her Met Ball 2015 appearnace. “My first thought was for her hair to be chic, sexy and straight,” says Ted. “I think straight hair always evokes a certain sensibility which most girls love and appreciate. I know Elizabeth’s look had to be off of her face to compliment the makeup. It had to be architectural in feel and cutting edge.” Here, the how-to, straight from Ted.
1) “As an editorial hairdresser, to begin I knew that I didn’t want her hair to be freshly shampooed. Day old hair makes styling so much easier! I started by spraying her hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Densité thickening primer at the scalp for density and root elevation. I then gave her a quick ted gibson blow dry with medium heat and power using a flat Mason Pearson brush. Since her hair was already dry I didn’t need the extra heat.
2) After her blow-dry I applied a dime sized amount of L’Oréal Professionnel Architexture to her hair to provide form, structure and definition.and flat ironed it straight.
3) I then sectioned her hair from recession to recession in a horseshoe section. Then, I parted her hair down the middle from the crown to the nape of the neck.
4) Next, I put her hair in 2 ponytails at the crown of her head. I then applied L’Oréal Professionnel OR Graphic gel to the sides of her hair for added hold and sleek, smooth shine.
5) I then fastened the 2 ponys with a bungee elastic so that they were close together.
6) Then, I added 4 rows of clip-in extensions over the top of the 2 ponys to add length. I flat ironed the extensions and then pulled the hair left out in the horseshoe section over the 2 ponytails.
7) As I was working and forming her ponytails I sprayed L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium 4 hairspray for a dry, strong hold without any sticky residue to hold my work in place.
8) After her ponytail was set, I placed a Sylvain Le Hen barrette at the base to widen it for a geometric shape and for added Asian flair.
9) Once my work was complete, I finished her off with L’Oréal Professionnel Extreme Lacquer hairspray for added hold, shine and to fight frizz.”
Check out lpsalons.com to purchase L’Oreal Professionnel products.