Mark Townsend created Dakota Johnson’s ponytail look on tonight’s Oscars red carpet. Says Mark, “We decided her hair should be off the dress, but not necessarily up, so I went for a young, cool ponytail. She has the most amazing fringe so we kept them down with some face framing layers to keep the style modern and perfectly imperfect.
- To create the look, I started by adding a few drops of Dove Youthful Vitality Silk Crème to her damp hair and blow dried with a Mason Pearson brush.
- For texture and grip, I liberally sprayed Dove Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo throughout her hair, then gathered it just above the occipital bone, securing with a tight elastic.
- The key to dressing up a ponytail is in the details, so I pulled a small amount of hair from the ponytail, wrapped it around the base to hide the elastic, and secured with bobby pins.
- To create additional texture I sprayed Sally Hershberger Glam Waves spray in my hands and raked it through the ponytail.
- I finished by spraying Dove Style+Care Extra Hold Hairspray to add shine and keep her hair in place all night.”
What do you think of Dakota Johnson’s hair at the Oscars?