· Step 1) Before I start makeup, I always like to cleanse and refresh skin. I used the gentle and convenient Simple Skincare Cleansing Facial Wipes.
· Step 2) Next, I massaged Simple Skincare Ultra-Light Gel Moisturizer onto her skin; it hydrates and is perfect for priming, without interfering with the foundation.
· Step 3) After her skin was prepped, I blended Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing Fluid Makeup in #20 Clair with a dampened Beauty Blender, then dabbed on Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch in #2 under her eyes to enhance her radiant glow.
· Step 4) Since I was playing up Kate’s eyes, I wanted the blush to be soft-focus. I applied Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion to the apples of her cheeks.
· Step 5) I love a well-groomed eyebrow to frame a sultry eye look, so I defined her brows with DiorShow Brow Styler in Universal Brown.
· Step 6) Since Kate wore a gorgeous crimson dress, we layered smoldering eye shadow tones in warm brown, ebony and rose gold (from the Too Faced Natural Eyes palette). I strengthened the bottom outer lash line with the ebony shade (using a Q-tip to soften the edge) before lining her eyes with a kohl pencil. We finished her eye look by lengthening her lashes with two coats of black mascara.
· Step 7) To finish the look, I used NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Hopi.
What do you think of Kate Mara’s makeup look?