She may have unfollowed a slew of celebs, but Selena Gomez’ MET Ball 2014 hair game is sick — so she’s definitely still texting with her glam squad. Marissa Marino for Moroccanoil created this chic updo for the songbird. Here’s how to get the look.
· Apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse to wet hair from root-to-tip to create volume at the crown and give strands extra body and bounce.
· Blow dry hair smooth using Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Brush 35mm.
· Using a 1.5” barrel iron, curl 1” sections around entire head; apply Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection to each section before curling to protect strands and keep hair shiny and healthy.
· To create the updo, split hair in three sections: bottom (ear-to-ear); middle (temple-to-temple) and top (full crown).
· Starting with bottom section, create a ponytail at the nape of the neck, and then roll entire the ponytail upwards and pin horizontally for a tube effect. Secure with pins.
· Next, roll the middle section horizontally and pin underneath into the bottom roll.
· Lightly tease the top section for extra volume. Then, roll vertically (similar to a downward French twist) and pin into the middle roll.
· Finish with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong for long-lasting hold and Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine for a photo-ready, red carpet finish.
What do you think of Selena Gomez’ look here?