In a twist that will shock exactly not one person, Jessica Alba looked positively perfect at the MET Ball 2014. Here, her hairstyle and makeup looks.
Jessica Alba’s ethereal 50s-inspired updo was created by Davy Newkirk styled her hair into a modern updo reminiscent of 50s glamour for tonight’s Met GALA in New York City.
· First, Newkirk applied a good amount of John Frieda Frizz Ease Curl Reviver Mousse throughout Jessica’s wet hair to shape her waves.
· Then, he used a large round brush and hairdryer to provide some structure.
· Newkirk gave Jessica an extreme side part and started working his way around her head, curling small sections with a ¾-inch barrel iron. Then he let the curls set and cool for a few minutes.
· Next, he brushed out the curls with a flat brush and applied John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-up Crème for a smooth and shiny texture. He started rolling up sections from ear to ear, along the bottom edge of her hairline, and securing with bobby pins.
· Last, he sprayed John Frieda Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray to lock the style in place.
Avon global celebrity makeup Artist Lauren Andersen worked with Jessica Alba for the 2014 Met GALA. “Jessica is wearing a beautiful gold lace dress by DVF so I wanted her makeup to look fresh and luminous. We wanted to create a monochromatic look so I used gold on her eyes so that everything looked seamless,” Andersen said.
FACE: First, Andersen applied Koh Gen Do Foundation and Kevin Aucoin Concealer as a base. Next, she used Kevin Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight to highlight the bridge of the nose. Then, she finished with Lorac Mineral Bronzer on the cheeks.
EYES: Andersen used Votre Vu Brow Wax on the eyebrows. She blended Avon’s Eye Dimensions Eyeshadow in Khaki Chic on the lids to create a golden look. Then, she layered on the lightest shade from the Avon Eye Dimensions Eyeshadow in Bronze Star. Next, she lined the eyes with Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner in Intense Brown. She finished the eyes with Avon Mega Effects Mascara in Black.
LIP: Andersen applied Avon Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick in Caramel Comfort to complete the look.
What do you think of Jessica Alba’s MET Ball moment?