I thought Gwyneth Paltrow‘s soft, subtle makeup look perfectly offset her shocking pink gown. It created by makeup artist Emma Lovell. Lovell drew inspiration for the look from Grace Kelly, stating that Paltrow “is the modern day version of the Hollywood actress.” References to Miss Grace are always appreciated on BBJ. Here, the beauty breakdown.
· Lovell prepped Paltrow’s skin using RéVive Intensité Crème Lustre ($385) “to make her skin glow from within.”
· She then applied a crème blush to keep the skin luminous, and accentuated Paltrow’s cheekbones by applying bronzer with an angled brush.
Lovell put emphasis on the eyes, with a “strong feline eyeliner” and exaggerated lashes
· Lovell mixed Laura Mercier Luster Eye Colour in Topaz ($23) with a brown shadow to create Paltrow’s stunning eyes. She blended the colours from the crease, increasing the intensity of the colour as she approached the lash line.
· Lovell used Laura Mercier Eye Pencil in Black Extreme ($20) to elongate Paltrow’s eyes into a feline shape by applying the product to the inner corners of the eyes and sweeping outward.
- Next, she applied Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick Eye Colour in Cocoa ($24) to the top lash line, and then blended underneath the bottom lashes.
- Lastly, she curled the lashes and coated them with Max Factor False Last Effect, with a focus on the outer lashes to help promote the feline eye look.
A “soft and feminine” lip
- Lovell created a “girly” lip by applying Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Girly ($26) to the center of the star’s lips and blending outward.
Discuss your thoughts on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Met Ball makeup here!
Like this post? Don’t miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.