Did you know that Cetaphil uses the same original formula developed in 1947? Check out the brand’s original packaging, above. Some fun facts from 1947:
- Betty Boop, Judy Garland and Katharine Hepburn were the style icons of the era
- Cary Grant and Humphrey Bogart stole the hearts of the ladies on and off screen
- Rosie the Riveter stood proud as the face of women working in factories during the war
- The most popular shade of lipstick was berry red
- In New York City, Edwin Land demonstrated the first “instant camera,” a Polaroid
- Jackie Robinson, the first African American baseball professional, signed onto the Brooklyn Dodgers
After 65 years, women the world over are still using the cleansing cream, known not to irritate skin conditions. Today the line has expanded to body, as well. Check out their RestoraDerm Skin Restoring Body Wash and Lotion, both are comforting to February-ravaged skin and won’t exacerbate skin issues like eczema.
Happy 65th, Cetaphil!