Dove celebrity hairstylist Mark Townsend created a modern and fresh hair look for Glee’s Lea Michele. “I wanted to give Lea a young and modern look. I played off the movement and ruffles of her gorgeous gown to give her a loose chignon that was all about soft, subtle glamour.”
Here’s how to get Lea Michele’s 2011 Golden Globes look:
• “One of the best parts of my job is I get to take home products before they’re available on shelves. I gave Lea the new Dove Nourishing Oil Care System a couple of weeks ago – her hair goes through a lot on her show. When using the whole system it can smooth up to 100% of roughness and frizz.
• “I told Lea to arrive with clean, just washed hair. I started her look tonight by applying Dove Nourishing Oil Care Serum to wet hair to smooth any frizz and add shine.
• “Next, to add a bit of texture and volume rake a pump of Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse throughout damp hair and blow dry with a round brush.
• “Then wrap two inch sections of hair around a ¾ inch curling iron to create big, loose curls. This will help create soft texture around the face.
• “Rub a pea sized amount of the new Dove Nourishing Oil Care Leave-In Smoothing Cream between hands. Rake fingers through the hair to distribute the product evenly and create definition and shine.
• “Pull the sides and back into a low, messy chignon at the nape of the neck and secure with bobby pins.
• “Carefully pull out pieces in the front of the hair to frame the face.
• “To finish Lea’s look I sprayed Dove Unscented Extra Hold Hairspray with Natural Movement (Aerosol) throughout the hair to give it hold without looking frozen in time. It’s a soft, “up-ish” do that looks like it could fall down at any moment, but really it’s not going anywhere!”
Like this post? Don’t miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.