Why SHOULDN’T we discuss bold, festive fall makeup during the hottest week–ever? It’s making me feel nostalgic for light jackets, wool and sexy fragrances. It’s a nice break from schvitzing, isn’t it?
The Estee Lauder Blue Dahlia Pure Color Collection for Fall 2010 details below will leave you craving cooler climes more apropos for indigos and violets. You won’t have to wait too long, thankfully. This collection debuts this month. It was created by the fabulous Tom Pecheux, Creative Makeup Director, Estee Lauder. My favorite? The Surreal Violet Pure Color Nail Lacquer. It’s a dusty, holographic rosey violet that I’m rocking on my talons as I live and type.
“The blues and purples in the collection are iconic colors for autumn and winter. I like to give women choices in the way that they look. From a neutral to a smoky to a fashionable, strong look, these shades can be used with them all.” – Tom Pecheux
Introducing the new vision in color for the Fall 2010 season, the Blue Dahlia Pure Color Collection for smoldering eyes, shimmering lips and bold nails. Estée Lauder Creative Makeup Director Tom Pecheux debuted his inspiration for this collection backstage at the Derek Lam Autumn/Winter 2010 Fashion Show. At the “Myth of the West”-themed show, Tom created a strong, intensely energetic look that perfectly tied together the design and fantasy of the clothing. The complete makeup collection includes two distinct looks as well as two complimentary lip products that create a visionary, avant-garde look with a touch of whimsical glamour.
Look 1: Blue Dahlia
- Blue Dahlia Pure Color Five Color EyeShadow Palette ($40.00) (I ADORE the frosty white shade this palette houses)
- Rose Dusk / Night Bloom Pure Color Gloss Stick ($18.50 each)
- Rock Candy / Twilight Petal Pure Color Gloss ($20.00 each)
- Twilight Rose / Sepia Sand Pure Color EyeShadow Single ($20.00 each)
- Blue Dahlia Pure Color Nail Lacquer ($18.00)
Look 2: Surreal Violet
- Surreal Violet Pure Color Five Color EyeShadow Palette ($40.00)
- Orchid Dream / Mauve Mirage Pure Color Gloss Stick ($18.50 each)
- Raspberry Pop / Star Pink Pure Color Gloss ($20.00 each)
- Enchanted Meadow / Emerald Star Pure Color EyeShadow Single ($20.00 each)
- Surreal Violet Pure Color Nail Lacquer ($18.00)
Complimentary Products for Lips
- Midnight Bloom Pure Color Gloss Stick ($18.50)
- Midnight Bloom Pure Color Gloss ($18.00)
The Blue Dahlia Pure Color Fall 2010 collection will be available for a limited time at all Estée Lauder counters nationwide and esteelauder.com starting in July 2010.
Disclosure: Select samples from the collection were provided by Estee Lauder PR
Like this post? Don’t miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.